Ultimate Date Dish: Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze

<br />

This seductive and sexy salmon dish is glazed with brown sugar and a hint of Dijon mustard. This is the ultimate date dish to prepare whenever you decide to finally cook for your beau. Joan makes this dish and says the men instantly fall in love with her.

2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
4 salmon fillets, about 6 ounces each
Vegetable oil
Salt and ground black pepper

1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the brown sugar, honey, and butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and ginger. Set aside.

2. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the salmon with vegetable oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.

3. Place the salmon skin-side down in the grill pan. Brush the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes for medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from pan and serve immediately, flesh side up.

Makes 2 to 4 servings

{ 16 comments… add one }

• Tracy September 18, 2008, 9:46 am

Just saw this on the Today Show and thought it looked so tasty!!!

• Raine September 18, 2008, 12:35 pm

Saw this on Today show also. looks good, will try the recipe this week.

• Renate September 18, 2008, 12:59 pm

Wonderful recipe, but I really, really liked the aprons -”smart, sexy, and I cook”! Where can I purchase one? Renate

• Sandie September 18, 2008, 1:41 pm

I saw this on the Today Show website. LOVE!! THE APRONS!!! I have to have one. Let me know immediately when they are for sale!

• Tammie September 18, 2008, 2:42 pm

This dish is awesome. The cookbook is even better. Bought the book got the apron, happy hubby in household…..

GET THE BOOK LADIES!

• Robert September 18, 2008, 3:29 pm

As a lover of salmon and romance, I was attracted to your recipe presentation on the Today Show this morning. I will give it a try and compare it with my Salmon/Shrimp Creole Skillet recipe. Who said men don’t pay attention to women?

• Christina September 18, 2008, 4:23 pm

Saw this on the Today show as well. Will try the recipe soon. Must have the apron as well!!!

• Cheryl September 18, 2008, 8:13 pm

Saw the Today show .I’m a huge salmon lover. I use to eat salmon 2 times a day,I’m sure after trying this recipe I’m won’t be able to stop,can’t wait!

• Amy September 18, 2008, 9:17 pm

My husband and I made this dish tonight and we loved it! It definitely works… (as advertised!) and is delicious! It is the ultimate love potion:) It is seriously the best way to get a guy’s attention and is soooo easy to make! It is fabulous with brown rice and salad. Good way to sneak in some healthy sides, too!

• Raeanne September 18, 2008, 10:12 pm

Saw this on the 4th hour today show. It took me 45 minutes to find the recipe but I finally found it! Can hardly wait to try it!

• Paulette September 19, 2008, 2:32 am

Hey Get ‘em GIRLS,

Was very excited about seeing you on Today. You all looked as beautiful as your food. Your site is great.

Have read your book and use it often. Besides the good recipes, your humor keeps me smiling.

Good luck with book sales. Mama Nunlee

• Kimberly September 19, 2008, 9:39 am

Saw you on the Todays show. I will be getting the book ASAP, wonderful Idea and congradulations on your success.Are the apron’s for sale! If so how can I get one!

• Lisa September 19, 2008, 10:10 am

I saw you on the today show you were great tried the recipe “great” your apron’s are awsome your site is great as well impowering are they available for sale please let me know I look forward to hearing from you an seeing all the new things to learn an see “you go girls”!

• Teaka M. September 22, 2008, 4:43 pm

Hey, Getem girlz. I didn’t see the show but i’m sure that it was great. I wish you the best. And Joan Keep it up, you need to do sum of that Kounry cookin girl.Give something to the south. Love ya

• Amithy September 22, 2008, 6:48 pm

Hey ladies, you looked fabulous on the today show and even better at your book signing at Hueman. You ladies are just glowing with fabulousity. I can’t wait to see more.

• laughing808 October 11, 2008, 9:36 pm

I just made the sauce tonight and it is so good. I had it was crabcake and shrimp. I’m definitely gonna buy the book.