WBLS Circle of Sister 2008- October 11th & 12th

<br />

Come out and see the Get ‘Em Girls at WBLS and WLIB 2008 Circle of Sisters! Circle of Sisters is a two day lifestyle expo packed with seminars, fabulous shopping, book signings, fashion shows, cooking workshops and more. You can purchase tickets here.

Highlights for 2008

• LIVE WBLS Broadcast from the Javits Center
  • Grace Foods Cooking Pavilion – Get ‘Em Girls, Sunny Anderson, Chef Jeff, and Aaron McCargo, Jr.
  • Authors Pavilion – Alicia Crowe, Sil Lai Abrams, Karen E. Quinones Miller
  • Scholastic Kids Pavilion – entertainment, crafts, and book readings
  • Sunday Morning Worship Service with Pastor Hezekiah Walker
  • R&B Concert Saturday Night- Jennifer Hudson, Lyfe Jennings, Regina belle, Deborah Cox
  • Gospel Concert -Donnie McClurkin, Maurette Brown Clarke, James Fortune, Hezekiah Walker
  • Fashion Show featuring the Steve Harvey Collection

We will be cooking in the Grace Foods Cooking Pavilion on Sunday October 12th at 5pm.  The Circle of Sisters Expo takes place in NYC at the Jacob Javits Convention Center Exhibit Hall 1C on October 11th 10am to 10pm and October 12th 12 noon to 8pm. The Javits Center is located on 11th Avenue between 34th and 39th Streets.

{ 16 comments… add one }

• deirdre October 9, 2008, 8:26 pm

see you there

• Clover Pusey October 10, 2008, 1:18 pm

Could your direct me to the site to purchase tickets to the circle of sister event at in NY.
    Thanks

• francine husbands October 11, 2008, 12:20 am

this will be the first expo in nyc. it’s my girlfried birthday, and her choice to spend it at the expo. i’m sure we will enjoy ourself. i would like to say happy birthday to Donna Miller Evans.

• Jeniece October 11, 2008, 9:05 am

• THERESA October 13, 2008, 5:22 pm

Me and my fiance attended the circle of sisters this past sunday and It was great. We especially loved your booth. I am definetly ordering the aprons that you lovely ladies had on, and the cookbook is a must. Thanks ladies. Keep up the good work.

• TARVER October 15, 2008, 9:32 am

GREAT GREAT! AWESOME…..Actually seeing women taking forth with there concepts and making them into a realty.. Made me decide to stop procrastinating.

• diana October 15, 2008, 12:04 pm

I’m sorry that I missed you at the EXPO. I was there with booty parlor parties.

• Jeniece October 15, 2008, 2:34 pm

Tarver, that’s what it’s all about! Inspiring each other to dream bigger.

• capri October 20, 2008, 4:25 pm

The event was awesome! However, I want to give a heads up regarding one of the Vendors. the sales receipt says they are “Sock Drawer & More” 14 Allen Ct., Englishtown, NJ 07726, 732-409-6633.

These two middle-aged white guys were selling sheets that their poster said, ” Royal Crown 600.” Their claim that the sheets were 600 thread count. I bought a set, got them home, washed them and put them on my bed. After sleeping on them for two days, there are two snags in the material. The sheet are as thin as summer curtin material. The set consists of 1 flat, 1 fitted and 4 pillow cases. The cost was $20.00. The two men were claiming that the $20.00 was a third of the original cost, which would mean that the original cost would be $60.00. These sheets are worth about $6.00

There were great, great items and products at the EXPO. It is a shame that the EXPO would be marred by this falsifying of a totally inferior product. I hope someone who is in charge of the production of this event reads this so that these guys will not be allowed to repeat their pitch and product at any further events.

• Jeniece October 20, 2008, 5:30 pm

Capri, you better tell ‘em! Now, had you picked up the Get ‘Em Girls’ Guide to the Power of Cuisine (shameless plug) you would have been ahead of the curve on that thread-count thing…we got you covered on that!

I’ll make sure the folks over at Circle of Sister’s get this comment for you.

• regina holmes February 17, 2009, 9:22 pm

I think this is great. I recently started my own web page. sisterlcircle.vpweb.com . This
    is a god send. I look forward to these 2 days.
    THANK YOU FROM THE SISTERS.

• michelle anderson February 24, 2009, 9:52 am

can u pls tell me when cos will be in ny in 2009, i had such a wonderful time n i want 2 share this experience w/sister that missed out last yr. it was the bomb, especially the gospel show

• shelia September 10, 2009, 10:16 pm

hi
    i was interested in vending at this event

• James Mayo September 12, 2009, 6:27 am

Hello! I trying to open a booth at the expo for the Serrina Goodman show. Where do I begube?

• James Mayo September 12, 2009, 6:33 am

Hello! I trying to open a booth at the expo for the Serrina Goodman show. Where do I begin? Thanks!

• Sheila Bellamy September 16, 2009, 2:30 pm

Please let me know how to get tickets for Circle of Sisters event.