Steve Harvey Says Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man

<br />

I’ve been hearing a lot of people buzzing about Steve Harvey’s New York Times best-selling book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment (HarperCollins) and I must say I wasn’t that interested in reading it; hey, I’m an avid listener of The Steve Harvey Show and almost never miss The Strawberry Letter–so what else could he be talking about. But, after watching his interview on the Today Show yesterday–I headed over to Barnes & Noble and ordered not one but THREE copies–for myself and my two friends.

Harvey talks about the “three P’s” that make up a man and his feeling for you–and they are: Profess, Provide, and Protect. If you are not getting all three of things from the man that you are with–then you may want to reevaluate your relationship–and gosh darnit, I think he’s right!

He also goes into what he means exactly by “acting like a lady” and I love it…especially the part about not being a “chirp girl”.

In case you missed it, here is the video from Harvey’s visit to the Today Show…let’s discuss further after you’ve had a chance to check it out.

Well, what did you think?

{ 17 comments… add one }

• Arlice Nichole February 19, 2009, 10:35 pm

I’ve been hearing lots of great things about this book too. I ordered it as well.

• audrey simmons February 21, 2009, 12:27 pm

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE THE BOOK!!! EVERYONE @ MY JOB SAW THE BOOK THE FIRST DAY I BROUGHT IT. & BY THE END OF THE WEEK ALMOST EVERYONE HAD A COPY, I LET THEM READ SOME OF THE BOOK & WAS REALLY IMPRESSED..

• Dorethia Conner March 4, 2009, 1:14 pm

This book is excellent, I recommend that all ladies – married or single – read it, share it with their adult daughters and friends. This is not your typical watered down message, nor does it let the ladies off the hook. He is on point and truthful!

• Condom Girl March 6, 2009, 3:37 am

Interesting stuff – I’ll have to have a look.

• Robin March 8, 2009, 10:23 am

I read the book twice in 1 1/2 days. I was unable to put it down, I read it while on the treadmill at the gym, waiting in the car for my daughter after school, missed doing homework so I could finish it. After I finished reading it twice I mailed it to my daughter and cousin in Maryland. Oh my gosh,it made so much sence. It called for women to be accountable and pay attention and also shared the small nuances of men such as “we need to talk…” I get this book a thumbs up.

• Robin March 8, 2009, 10:24 am

Correction: “sense”

• If I Knew Then March 8, 2009, 7:28 pm

I received the book from a male “friend”. He suggested that I read the book; however I think he should have read it first before I got my hand on it. This is an excellent book.

• monique March 9, 2009, 2:25 am

GREAT BOOK LOVE IT. THIS BOOK FOR EVERY WOMEN.

• elle denise March 10, 2009, 4:04 pm

Got the book on Sunday. So far, so good…

• Jennae @ Green Your Decor March 11, 2009, 12:28 pm

Denene Millner, a good friend of mine, actually co-authored this book with him. I am so happy to see that it’s doing so well. He gives a lot of great, practical advice. Women might not necessarily want to hear it, but I think they need to.

• Iris March 12, 2009, 10:17 pm

I read it in 2 days. The book is on point. I have been telling everyone about it. I am going to have a book club event where we talk about the book in April. I can’t wait!

• Nika C. Beamon March 14, 2009, 6:23 pm

I like the directness in Mr. Harvey’s book in terms of dating but it’s missing a very important point: If you are not happy with your life and don’t love yourself with or without a man, you are likely to forget the “rules” when Mr. good enough comes along.

My forthcoming book, I Didn’t Work This Hard Just to Get Married: Successful, Single Women Speak Out due out on May 1, 2009 and available for pre-order now on amazon.com is the perfect companion book. Women can hear from other single women about the traps they fell into and how they’ve learned to excel in life until or unless they find the “right” person.

• james March 26, 2009, 9:55 am

please can you tell me what i’m suppose to do to bye to book online cause i want it,i’m living florida, city name ponciana.so i do need please whatever money it cost i’ll take.

• mark April 15, 2009, 3:55 am

Great site, Good info

• Dorothea May 4, 2009, 8:51 am

im 18 years old and this book is wonderful i love it because he says in the book it can also be a tool for those who are tired of getting played and im using it as a tool as i walk in this man driven world. it will help me know what to look for when i do get married. im still reading it but i know im going to marry a established man. PLEASE READ THE BOOK

• Wendy Morales July 9, 2009, 1:03 pm

I havent gotten it yet… actually I was waiting for my baby daddy to get it for me since I insinuated that I wanted it. He’s taking too long so I am going to go get it today.

• Melissa Casey September 12, 2009, 12:26 pm

I was married for 22 years to a fellow who told everyone he was crazy about me— the profess part— but no provide and protect!
    He once used my credit card and charged $8,000 of stuff for him — and you know what happened! even worse- he filed for divorce! this crap went on for about another 9 years— I tried SO hard– when I saw Steve Harvey on TV talking about the “3 P’s” I felt so validated! when a guy doesn’t act like a man— what a turn off and they don’t get it! I am going to buy this book for my son—- I do not want him to turn out like his Father- what a nighmare!